Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Berkshires now has Ulta!


If you don't know what Ulta is you're probably not a female, or at least not a makeup obsessed female. I unfortunately am. So I was thrilled when I discovered the beauty salon was coming to allendale shopping center in Pittsfield. Then the waiting began, it seemed to take forever! But it's finally open and I figured I'd give you my review.

I seem to have developed a love/hate relationship with them. I was there just before opening on day three with all the other crazy women and teenage girls hoping for a gift card that they were offering to the first 100 customers. I was also itching for a bare minerals kit that they had on special for the grand opening. Well I got my $5 gift card but no bare minerals kit, they were all out. Seriously?! It's the first thing on day three of your opening! Can you say bait and let down? How many kits did you have, twelve? Okay fine, whatever moving on. On trip two to the store I was on the hunt for their Ulta makeup sample bag, which you could get if you spent $19.50 on Ulta makeup. With their 3.50 off coupon I spent $16.50 but surprise, no sample bag. They were all out but would have more in stock two days later which I did go back and pick up and it was great bag with surprisingly decent colors. So for $16.50 I received $88 worth of makeup not bad.



Now on to the salon. With my $5 gift card opening weekend I also received a coupon for a free $32 haircut. Whoo hoo I am all about the free. So I went today to get my "Free" haircut and surprise, the only one available was more expensive Sabrina, her haircuts cost $42 which means my "free" haircut will cost $10. I could have made a different appointment with a different hairstylist but my coupon was going to expire in three days and it was the only time I had to get it done (Yes, this was partly my fault I did procrastinate a bit) Anyway, I am now expecting a great haircut for my extra $10, but I was a little disappointed. Sabrina was quick and efficient, however I don't think it's the greatest cut I've ever had, also, she didn't put any extra product it in. My hair needs product, at least something to give it a little extra bounce. Oh well, it looks like it's back to Hair Express for me. Especially since the hairstylists arent answering the phones and making appointments while they cut your hair which I thought was odd. Oh and while listening in on the phone conversations I can also report that Sabrina doesn't do any of the special deals so you'll have to make sure someone else is on to get any of those. I swear this place should be called strings attached because just about everything has a long list of stipulations, come prepared.




No comments:

Post a Comment